Lombard Bank Malta plc

67,Triq ir-Repubblika, Valletta

+356 2558 1152

+356 2558 1151



Lombard Bank Malta p.l.c. dates back to 1955 when Lombard North Central of the UK was accepting deposits in Malta through a number of agents. This activity was formalised in 1969 when Lombard Bank (Malta) Limited was registered as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lombard North Central plc - a member of the Natwest Bank Group.

In 1975, the Malta Government purchased 25% of the Bank's ordinary shares. An option to acquire a further 35% was exercised by Government in 1981 while 40% were retained by Lombard North Central. In April 1990 the Bank became a Public Limited Company and offered equity to the public. The issue was five times oversubscribed and the Government shareholding was subsequently totally divested. In 1994 Lombard Bank listed its shares on the Malta Stock Exchange.

Services cover the full range of traditional commercial banking activities yet focus is given to extending a personalised service. The Lombard Bank Group consists of  Lombard Bank Malta p.l.c. (100% shareholding), Redbox Limited (100% shareholding) and MaltaPost p.l.c. (circa 67% shareholding).

Today, the Lombard Bank operates a network of 8 branches in Malta and Gozo with its Head Office at 67 Republic Street, Valletta.